KFC® Elects 11 Nonprofits Fighting Hunger To Receive Half A Million Dollars Through TikTok-Driven Grant Fund
One Fan Choice Nonprofit Will Be Awarded $100,000 In The Kentucky Fried Giving Challenge and KFC Needs Your Vote!
April 08, 2022 // Franchising.com // LOUISVILLE, Ky. – Earlier this year, KFC and its franchisees partnered with TikTok creator Isaiah Garza to launch a unique giving challenge, the first-ever grant program on TikTok benefiting nonprofits (#KentuckyFriedGivingChallenge), with $500,000 up for grabs for organizations fighting hunger across the U.S.
Today, Kentucky Fried Chicken and its franchisees announce they have selected 11 nonprofits fighting hunger across the U.S. as recipients of Kentucky Fried Giving Grants, with each organization receiving $40,000 to help continue addressing food insecurity in their communities. That’s not all – one nonprofit will receive an additional $60,000, making its total grant $100,000, and your vote could decide who gets it!
Beginning April 8, visit kfc.com/kentuckyfriedgiving to cast your vote for your favorite submission video.* The video with the most votes at the end of the day on April 14 will be awarded $60,000 in additional funds (bringing their total grant to $100,000) to continue their work fighting hunger.
With grants totaling half a million dollars to help address food insecurity nationwide, the 11 Kentucky Fried Giving Grant recipients all serve vulnerable populations and fight hunger across the nation:
- Table to Table (New Jersey) – Collects prepared and perishable food that would otherwise be wasted and delivers it to organizations serving the hungry.
- We Don’t Waste (Colorado) – Helps reduce hunger and food waste in the Denver area by recovering quality, unused food from the food industry and delivering it to nonprofit partners.
- Lasagna Love (Massachusetts) – Connects neighbors with neighbors through homemade meal delivery while eliminating the stigma around asking for help.
- Celebration Nation, Inc. (California) – Helps the Latino community via programming, including a food bank to provide grocery bags filled with fruits and vegetables to assist farm workers in San Bernadino suffering from food insecurity.
- Feeding Northeast Florida (Florida) – Rescues high-quality food that would normally be wasted by partnering with retail partners, manufacturers and farms to transform the food into meals for those in need in Northeast Florida.
- Heart & Hand Center (Colorado) – Disrupts the cycle of poverty for children and families in northeast Denver through community-based programming, including weekly food giveaways and a community fridge to help families that suffer from food insecurity.
- Sharing Love with Others (California) – Enhances the quality of life of the less fortunate, specifically the houseless community on Skid Row, by providing warm meals, water, medical services, clothing and more.
- Restoring Hope (California) – Provides aid and assistance including a monthly food bank and emergency food assistance.
- New Beginnings Crossroads Fellowship (Ohio) – Hosts a food pantry that’s been serving the community and providing meals to those in need in Salem, Ohio since 2011.
- Leah Kuczinski Legacy Foundation (New York) – Performs good deeds including feeding the hungry in honor of a young teen who died in a tragic accident.
- Ladies of Charity Calvert County, Inc. (Maryland) – Aids those in need, primarily through the food pantry, which has provided for the community for over 30 years.
Fighting hunger has long been a part of KFC’s DNA. In recent years, KFC and its franchisees have donated over three million pieces of chicken and partnered with notable nonprofit organizations like Meals on Wheels and Big Brothers Big Sisters of America to feed frontline healthcare workers, students, teachers and homebound seniors in need.
*Terms & Conditions: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Void where prohibited. Voting begins April 8, 2022 (10 a.m. EST) and ends April 14, 2022 (11:59 p.m. EST). Limit one public vote per person. Odds of grant receipt depend on number of eligible votes received and judging criteria. For Official Rules and eligibility, visit kfc.com/kentuckyfriedgiving. Sponsor: KFC Corporation, 1900 Colonel Sanders Lane, Louisville, KY 40213.
KFC Corporation, based in Louisville, Ky., is one of the world’s most iconic chicken restaurant chain. KFC specializes in Original Recipe®, Extra Crispy™, Kentucky Grilled Chicken® and Extra Crispy™ Tenders, Hot Wings®, KFC Famous Bowls®, Pot Pies, freshly hand prepared chicken sandwiches, biscuits and homestyle side items. There are more than 26,000 KFC restaurants in over 145 countries and territories around the world. KFC Corporation is a subsidiary of Yum! Brands, Inc., Louisville, Ky. (NYSE: YUM). For more information, visit www.kfc.com. Follow KFC on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and TikTok.
More From News
November 22, 2023
November 22, 2023
November 21, 2023
REAL PEOPLE, REAL STORIES.
November 21, 2023
The mayor of Newark partnered with HelloFresh and ShopRite to distribute more than 3,000 Thanksgiving meals. The giveaway was at the Training...